Guzman Education System is committed to prepare the youth through an educational training that shall integrate quality skills with exemplary work ethics, confidence and self-reliance, for gainful employment and entrepreneurship here and abroad.
Mr. Zacarias P. De Guzman sowed the seeds of the Guzman Educational System on October 11, 1947, when he founded “Safe Driving Institute” along Recto Avenue. Driven by a selfless dedication to serve the poorest of the poor through equal educational opportunities, the school opened with eight students. Less than a year later, the institute relocated to a small but modest building in front of the Central Market. It was not long after, the founder’s noble mission spread, necessitating not only an expansion of the school’s facilities, but also in its array of courses. In 1949, the name of the school was changed to “International Automotive and Diesel Institute” to reflect the new short term Vocational-Technical courses that has been added.
The success of these early efforts brought fulfillment to Mr. Zacarias de Guzman. Aware that such a development can only be made possible in a full-fledged school, he changed the name to Guzman Institute of Technology in 1950. Soon after, a sister school, Guzman Institute of Fashion was established to cater to the needs of female students.The ever increasing enrolment soon necessitated the construction of a six-storey building in the heart of Quiapo, Manila. The year 1960 saw the transfer of the school to this new site and the opening of additional courses including Secondary Education in 1968, another sister school, Guzman Institute of Electronics, was established at the old Cinerama Building to meet the demands of the rising electronics industry. It eventually transferred to the more spacious Ramon Roces along Soler in Quiapo. The early Martial Law years in the seventies, however did not spare the Guzman Institutions from floundering. The Two-Year Technical Courses were introduced to supplement the regular courses then being offered, and in anticipation of an economic recovery.
The sudden surge of demand for technical manpower abroad in the 1980’s brought in an unprecedented enrollment. The awakening of the economy starting at this time also brought about opportunities in other careers, and wrought its toll on the school’s administrative line-up. It was on December 30, 1992, that a fire razed the Quiapo 6-storey building to the ground. While make-shift rooms were set up in its aftermath, the paltry facilities adversely affected the school’s enrollment in the ensuing terns. While Guzman Institute of Technology was reeling from the effects of this unfortunate incident, its sister school Guzman Institute of Electronics, took up the cudgels to keep the founder’s mission and pioneering spirit alive. It opened its Guzman Institute of Agriculture & Technology in Pinugay, Baras, Rizal in 1993, and its Dasmariñas, Cavite branch in 1994. An imposing four-storey building rose in 1995 to which Guzman Institute of Electronics was also relocated in 1996.
This consolidation of resources paved the way for the elevation of the institute into its present Guzman College of Science & Technology at 509 Z.P.de Guzman Street in Quiapo, Manila.
To be the epitome of Academic Excellence in its field of specialization by providing quality education that is responsive to the changing needs of society and industry.
To ensure that our graduates are globally competitive by affording them the best in academic and skills training.
Our strength is founded on the belief that. Almighty God shall guide us in our desire to be an instrument of change for the betterment of society and the world.